Monday, June 1, 2015

Three New Oracle Certification Prep Study Guides Available

Over the past year, I have been bouncing between numerous different projects: study guides, practice tests, articles, and maintaining oraclecertificationprep.com. Every time Oracle opens an interesting new beta test, I tend to spend at least some time mapping out a study guide for it so that I can determine how much of it can be completed based on prior research. Unfortunately, while I have been starting lots of study guides, I haven't completed any since early 2014. Going in to this past weekend, I had study guides for seven different certification exams at some stage of completion -- anywhere from 40% to 90%.

I dedicated this weekend to finishing two of the guides closet to completion: 1Z0-063 -- Oracle Database 12c: Advanced Administration and 1Z0-067 -- Upgrade Oracle9i/10g/11g OCA or OCP to Oracle Database 12c OCP. In addition, with 1Z0-063 done, I created an All-in-One study guide for the 12c OCP credential that combines my study guides for 1Z0-061, 1Z0-062 and 1Z0-063 into a single book. All three of the books have been published and are now available from Amazon:

Study Guide for 1Z0-063: Oracle Database 12c: Advanced Administration

Study Guide for 1Z0-067: Upgrade Oracle9i/10g/11g OCA to Oracle Database 12c OCP

All-In-One Study Guide for 12c OCA/OCP: Exams 1Z0-061 / 1Z0-062 / 1Z0-063

At $19.99, the study guide for 1Z0-067 is the most expensive single guide I have ever published. This is not the beginning of higher prices for my study guides. The page count on this guide is about 180% the average (450 pages vs 250). The cost of producing it means that the increased retail price is required to compensate.  The 1Z0-063 study guide has been released at the normal $14.99. The All-in-One guide is $34.99, which will allow candidates to obtain the contents of all three guides for about $10 less than what would be required to purchase them individually. In addition, it crosses Amazon's 'minimum purchase' level for free shipping.

Over the next couple of months, I plan to work on completing as many of the remaining work-in-process study guides as possible.  They are doing no one any good sitting on the hard drive of my laptop. Hopefully I will be making several more announcements like this one in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment